Friday, April 3, 2009

5 years in a flash


Finally,
I graduated with First class honours in Civil Engineering specializing in Petroleum, but most importantly, I have had the best 5 years of my life. I was actively involved in sports and co-curriculum activities in the university. Ppl say university life is like no other.. and indeed it was extraordinary for me.

5-May 2003
First Day in UTP as Civil Engineering undergrad fresh out from high school.

1 year of foundation studies, I played tennis for UTP in intervarsity meets. I joined the taekwondo club and kembara club.


2004

An adventure race enthusiast ,Zole was working in Tronoh as an Electrical Engineer, we became friends and he introduced me to adventure races. Fong a final year student in UTP at that time, Kak Reita was doing her Masters, other seniors: Farid, Limau, Faisal, Kuloq from kembara club..these were the ppl who played vital roles in introducing me to adventure races.


Perak International Ironbound


2005:
I started rowing, and finally recruited into the national junior team

I went for international meets up to south east asian level. There were much more to learn but there's so limited time, I quit the team in 2008.






SEARF in thailand



2006:
Lots and lots and lots of Races, I did running races, duathlon, adv races and rowing




2007:
8 month industrial internship with Schlumberger in Labuan.



I was sidelined in the first half of the year because of my internship but I went for other alternatives such as Kayaking challenge and the epic Sabah Adv Challenge.



2008:
Final year.. the ultimatum
I did triathlon and almost wanted to attempt Ironman Langkawi.









-2003 to 2008-