Friday, April 10, 2009

Same sh*t different day :)

When I was 10, I'd always picture myself working as a high profile career woman when I grow up, dressed up in powersuits pitching ideas in conference rooms.

OR





A full time athlete, turning professional after high school and run for a living.



OR,

maybe a soldier, serving the country, sleeping in barracks, training everyday, kinda like GI Jones.


Or maybe even a secret agent.

BUT, 10 years down the line....I was not majoring in business, not anywhere near of being a national elite athlete who could sustain her own living through passion of sports, nor was I enrolled in the national service, tentera diraja and definetely not in any secret agency. I was studying in an Engineering School....
So now, right after graduation, Im working as a field engineer in the oil and gas industry. People often wonder how's it like in this business. How is it like working offshore? well, after 9 months working in oil and gas, I would say.. its the same sh*t, just different day. :)


So do I regret being in the oilfield? Someone just asked me this question yesterday. well no.. not really. I do enjoy my job, I like it... although most of the time, it's the same sh*t, different day, there are times where it is different sh*t, SAME day!! so yeah, it does appeal to me as a career. plus the perks are goooood.... good income for a fresh grad out of college.
Sometimes, being offshore, forget that I am faar faaar away from home, Im also faaaar faaaaar away from land, on a rig in the middle of nowhere, 12 hours shift everyday, no weekend.. after 60 days straight, u get a little cuckoo.. u miss ur family, friends and loved ones..
But i say, another day, another way. I just miss my racing days.... complaining about my running time not improving etc2, nowadays, the only thing im complaining about is my weight. :)
bottom line.. its the same sh*t different day....can't wait to get home...n do absolutely NOTHING.