Monday, January 21, 2008

Great Eastern 30K run

It was a last minute decision to join GE run because i just had a minor operation to take out a lump on my right breast the saturday before (fibroidenoma it is called, non cancerous lump but advisable to be taken out). Doc says I shouldnt be running for at least 10-14 days..when he told me that, in my head, i was counting the days to GE from Sat the 12th. 8 days exactly but guess im too stubborn... (but i did very light training the entire week so i guess its ok). Anyway, I did only 20k.. not 30k..

So came sunday morning, Saiful picked me up from bangsar n we went to lake garden together. I never ran hartamas double hill before so i had no idea what the route was like. I started in front with Mariana... but decided to take it easy with a consistent pace throughout the race. n that is exactly what i did. First 10k was about 57mins, but i guess the hills must've slowed me down a lot coz i finished the race in 2hour04 mins. a much slower 2nd 10k. But overall, im quite happy i finished the race comfortably.

During the entire race, I saw a lot of familiar faces: azwar, fong, saiful, abu, adzim, jaja, karen, ahtiam, awea, shazly, bacin etc2... n many2 more..

********************
I mentioned in earlier post that I had good news...
well, I got into PowerBar Team Elite! the better news is that the contract is for 2008 n 2009! cool or what.